Event planners play the role of coordination, meeting locations, arrange transportation, and coordinate other details such as application of project management, creation, and development of large scale events formal parties, get together, weddings, concerts, conventions, etc.
Basically, the event planners, meet with their clients, they understand the purpose and demands of their clients, find places to ensure that the event takes place accordingly, their charge depends upon the type of event they are planning for. Even, for pursuing your career in event planning, you need to have a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, marketing, public relations, communications or business. Thus, event planning is an industry with exponential development and growth and it definitely can be a good career choice.
An event planner in India typically has the following roles:
- Meeting with clients and to understand the purpose of the event to gainfully ensure the project purpose.
- Planning the event, including time, location, program, and budget.
- Contact service providers such as caterers, florists, photographers, etc.
- Select the place for the event and select whom to contract for services.
- Ensure that the places meet the client’s requirements.
- Cater to event services such as rooms, transportation, and food service.
- Coordinate details with your group members or subordinates and form a network.
- Working with clients demands to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Facilities and details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc. must be prepared beforehand.
- Deliver all the items, materials, services, in the time limit, Delay of work should be curbed.
- Frequently contact with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Gather information, conduct market research, and negotiate contracts before the event is executed.
- Do deals that will be beneficial for both the event planner and client.
- Ask for feedback and periodic reports from your clients.
- Even ask for ideas to improve the provided services and quality of the event.
- Facilities should be organised and managed in accordance with the preference of the clients.
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations.
- Cooperate with marketing and apply promotional measures to promote and publicise the event.
- Actively handle any arising issues or emerging problems on the event day.
- Conduct event evaluations before and after the event and work on outcomes.
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest and ensure every event takes place with due success.
Whether it is a wedding, educational conference, or business convention, meetings and events bring people together for a common purpose.